Sunday, 29 September 2013

Sonnet ♥

Inspired by Shakespeare's sonnets on love! - Enjoy

Sonnet
Your eyes hold a beauty so deep and rare,
With a splash of blue, you've stolen my breath,
A beauty to which nothing can compare;
And no current words could ever express.
A thousand sonnets could never describe
My love, oh my love, for you my dear.
Your beauty neither, though often I've tried;
The greatest of poet's words do disappear.
You are my heart's beat and my broken pen,
You strip poets of talent, make them weak,
Until they crumble and never write again;
A perfect challenge all poets do seek.
Yourself shall, but your memory shan't die,
For forever in this verse it shall lie.


With love,
          Kayleigh Jane

End of Sonnet 18, Shakespeare.
'So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.'