Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Candle Light ♥

It has been too long since I have posted to you all! Thank you for your continuous support! Here is a poem I wrote last night, I hope you enjoy it! :) 


Candle Light.

Behold, before us, a candle, 
a candle burning bright.
A flame flickers through the darkness,
as we sit in candle light.
A single wick withholds a fire,
the sunshine of the night.
Your face carved in to the shadows,
I distinguish the faint sight
of your image, burnt in to the darkness.
My thoughts too impaired to write.
A vague image, flutters before my eyes,
as the candle flickers and shakes the light,
casting shadows and creating
an imperfect white.
You breathe in to the air,
until the dooming silence feels right.
I see the flame reflected back at me,
as I watch each iris invite
an everlasting sunset to settle
deep in your eyes. Tonight
I ask myself - If the flame burns out
and dies, will it reignite?
And shall you still be present?
Even though the candle might
lose life, and slowly burn away
the colours your eyes ignite.
But the candle before us
continues, to cast shadow
with its flickering flames,   
as we sit, in
candle
light.
With love,
Kayleigh Jane x



Two quotes to leave you with:

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.’ -Aristotle

'There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.' -Edith Wharton 




Please Like My Facebook Poetry Page- https://www.facebook.com/MyBeautifulEmotion