Sunday, 1 December 2013

When You Sleep ♥

Here is a ballad I wrote on love, I hope you enjoy it, thank you for reading!

When You Sleep

You live a new life when you sleep.
I kiss your cheek lightly,
I’ll hold you and call you mine, just
keep your eyes closed tightly.

My love for you is lost my dear,
the second you awake.
My pen’s alive but you’re not here,
it hurts, my heart does ache.

Our love just words of a poet,
our love is only art.
I recreated what we had,
but with a bleeding heart.

These pages hold a real love;
that fails to exist.
When you’re asleep, we regain
everything that I've missed. 

I'm yours and you are mine; it seems
so long that I have waited,
this love, it’s here- it’s real, in this
world that I've created.

Your hand close enough to touch, you’re
alive within my mind,
I reach for you, then the image
dissolves, and leaves me blind.

In my mind I am with you now,
how do I stop my pen?
Can’t let you go or say that I’ll
not write of us again.


With Love,
Kayleigh Jane
 

'You have to dream before your dreams can come true.' - Abdul Kalam

'All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.' - E.A.Poe.