Friday, 11 July 2014

Her ♥

Her

Eyes trace her features.
No voice can escape her lips.

Her frozen eyes held open,
By leaking tears, of paint.

Breath uncovers her neck.
The warmth lingers
And her hair retreats.

Fear kindles within her
as fingers brush past
her cheek.

He grasps her.

She's locked in his embrace.

As, carefully, he carves
And smoothes
Her wooden face.


__________________

Thank you for reading.

You may notice this is different to my other work, hopefully it is still enjoyed.
This poem was part of an assignment at university, I was given the theme 'Toymaker', and the poem is about a wooden doll. Eventually after many drafts I produced this - I think the editing took away my love for this piece, but as I loved drafting it originally I thought I'd share it!

All my love,
Kayleigh Jane

'Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.' - Corrie Ten Boom