Sunday, 26 October 2014

The Huntsman ♥

Yesterday I wrote this poem The Huntsman, I was given the prompt 'new beginnings' and most certainly went off on a tangent and wrote about the opposite. This poem was an attempt at exploring the feeling of being trapped by love. I hope you enjoy it!


The Huntsman

Open eyed, stood
in the forest.
All paths
snowed over

Footsteps
approach me

Roots have hold
of my ankles.
Tightening
with every attempt
to move.
Trapped.

You stand
in front of me.

Flowers push from
my skin, as you
look at me.
A terrifying beauty.

Your presence melts
the snow. The path
appears clear
and the roots let go.
But, I can't run.

There's no escape,
from the chase.

I allow myself
to wake here. Lost in
Familiarity.

You've set me free.
But, I just can't run.
There's no escape
from this.
You can't run from
the huntsman.



Love,
Kayleigh Jane x

'Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light, not its shadows.' - Paulo Coelho