Saturday, 14 February 2015

Ode to Insanity

Welcome, I apologise for the long break from blogging!
On my university course, we were exploring odes and the high praise of something in poetry, I found this contradiction interesting to work with, the praise of something that is considered a bad thing.
I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure my fellow poets will understand this one!

Ode to Insanity 

Oh, sweet solitude
of the night

I'll give in
to your
silence

for to hear
the wind
disrupts the storm
within my mind

as the dimmed light
of the moon
invades
a perfect darkness

life; a void

no better filled

I won't be
free

all that's held
outside of here
is the nightmare
that is
sanity


___________________________________

Lots of love, Kay x

'Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world.' - R. D. Laing