Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Oct'13

This journal entry came from a set of journal entries I wrote for university. This entry is about time and waiting.

Tuesday, 1st October 2013.

Today I’ve done a lot of waiting, for buses, for friends, for lectures, it made me think and reflect; time is precious, time is non-renewable and often taken for granted. I stood at the bus stop alongside 14 other people, they were all elderly, probably appreciating time more and using it more wisely. Their time on earth has probably taught them life lessons. I over hear them making conversation, one makes conversation with me, small talk; about the queue we stand in together. That is all. The rest of the time was wasted, on just standing, on waiting. Seconds. Seconds. Seconds. Just waiting to be transported to our next destination.
Most of the people on the bus are in couples, who have obviously been married for many years, whereas I was taking the journey alone. It made me wonder, why the age separation? Why was I the only under 40 travelling on this bus at midday. Society maybe? I debate with myself. Maybe the journey of life for 18 year olds doesn’t start until later in the day, time; wasted. 
It’s manmade is time, capturing the moment something occurs. In comparison to the worlds history each life is only a small period of time, tiny even.  But time isn’t a single event; it’s the existence of many which can be distinguished between. Time is defined as ‘the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.’ Time. It never began and it shall never end, we only think it must because our brains are programmed that way, because we’re human.
There is no time like the present, because time is of the essence. Time flies, and time waits for no man. But apparently it heals all wounds.
There is so much to do in so little time, but time is what you make of it. So for the time being, we shall have the time of our lives, because after all, time is money.
One at a time. I don’t have time. 
Only time can tell.
Time’s up.